A complete internal mathematical model
1. To analyze the correct functioning of frequency regulation.
2. To optimize the economic operations of the units.
A complete internal mathematical model allows SATURN 2e to adapt to every type of units, both hydraulic or thermic and to every kind of operative conditions.
The strength of the implemented mathematical algorithms combined with the internal microprocessor’s calculation ability make the SATURN 2e an incredibly solid and reliable device.
Benefits for the overall System
In competitive electrical markets, frequency and voltage must be both reliable and high-quality while preserving optimal cost.
In relation with the frequency and, especially, its random variations, generators do play a very important and irreplaceable role.
In this regard, Independent System Operators (ISOs) define through simulation studies the optimal spinning reserve to achieve the desired energy quality for the grid.
These simulation studies provide spinning reserve margins considering that all units are working properly.
SATURN 2e allows the ISOs to know, in real time, the different PFR indicators (Dead Band, Droop and Settling Time) of the units participating in this ancillary service. Based on that, ISOs are able to take actions, such as, including more units that regulate frequency and/or increasing the spinning reserve for certain units.
© 2021 Estudios Eléctricos
• Manquehue Norte 160, Piso 4 Of 41-1, Las Condes, Santiago de Chile, Chile • Tel.: +56 2 32468750/51
• 2340 E. Trinity Mills Rd. – Ste. 300 - Carrollton, TX 75006-1947, USA • Tel.: +1 972 695-3222
• CR 12 NO. 79 50 OFIC.: 701 - Bogotá D.C Colombia CP: 110111